Guess What?… Uncertainty struck! It showed up with earth shaking realism!
And it continues… Idaho has experienced 37 aftershocks following the 6.5 magnitude that rattled everything last evening. According to the National Weather Service it was the second largest earthquake in the world for March 2020.
One would say, be careful what you say, type, or think, for you might get a real life example.
When I look in my review mirror, it is dotted with such moments. All in their own “glory” and unexpectedness. When I sit with those life experiences, really feeling into them and exploring their “aftershocks”, I am humbled, for they all lead to what comes next. More powerfully they have sculpted who I am today. Chiseling out the aspects of myself that did not serve or fit my new expansion.
This time in our world with COVID – 19 is another such opportunity. It is having many aftershocks for us to see and personally know, each and everyone of us is being hit by its quake in some form.
What will we choose to do with the experience?
- Will you go back to life as it was?
- Will you start out being more thoughtful and reflective in your daily choices, only to shift back to your norm?
- Will your children, family, friends have the same memories as you?
- During your “stay at home” time did you “numb out”, distract yourself, or embark on a new “self-love” behavior and habit?
- Did you take this opportunity to make changes?
- Did you reach out and connect with others?
- Will you go back to the job you hate or did you work on your resume, determined to create change?
- Did you learn to appreciate what you have or continue to take it for granted?
I think the thing that always baffles me is why do we “need a wake up call” to create change? Why do people not take action steps daily towards their dreams?
This time has gifted me with the opportunity to reflect more deeply. I can honestly say that I have never truly given up, despite unexpected derailments and intense uncertain times, I have never fully given up. I still have three dreams that intertwine to co-create the life I intend to live.
They are in process, they are becoming, they are a part of who I am….
I am at choice to enjoy the journey along the way or get frustrated because it has not fully happened yet. Which sounds more fun to you? Personally I prefer the first, for I do respect, honor and know that life is absolutely splattered with Uncertainty! So, I choose to aim my rudder towards my desired destination, celebrating that there will be moments when it is a wild ride (here are a couple of those opportunities). I hang on with a sense of adventure, vulnerable openness and joy for the present moment.
What aftershocks will this time offer you?
- Will you be a passive apathetic bystander?
- Will you take action towards your dreams?
- Will you reach out?
- Will you embark on a new journey?
- Will you cradle with gratitude the blessings in your life?
- Will you empathetically honor and assist those most intimately struck by this virus?
I have grown to understand that some of the most profound changes in life happen over time with small simple daily action. We do not have to have an earthquake, tsunami, or pandemic to create change in our life, we just have to Choose to step, “putting one foot in front of the other…”
On that note, I wish you well on this glorious day, that shall never be again...