It is already December 1st, 2017. In 31 days we shall welcome in the first day of 2018. I can remember when I was young hearing the older people in my life say, “Time just flies, the years seem to go by quicker and quicker.” At the time I thought “That makes no sense, time isn’t going faster, it’s always the same, and around this time of year, it always moves to slow, making Christmas seem like it will never come!” Ha…, now that I am that “older person” I chuckle at how “right” they were, time does fly, and way too fast. I feel like 2017 just began, I was dancing it in with my family in Michigan only yesterday.
I have 31 days left before I welcome in another year. It is a grand time to reflect while also being open to all that is before me. I always marvel at the paradox of such timing, profound meaning, and the grace of pure opportunity to learn and dream.
Wow, 2017 held quite the adventure for me!! I look back and marvel at all I was graced to experience and live. In humble introspection I allow myself the quiet opportunity to really reflect upon it all.
- As a mom, I journeyed the last months of my son’s high school experience and the start of his college life. My daughter left her junior high world to embark on her high school adventure. The home went from three of us, down to two girls sharing time and space.
- Professionally, I finished my Integrative Nutrition Health Coach Certification, published my first book, added more classes and workshops, revved up the blog journey, welcomed in more clients, tackled my website and technology growth, and…!! Always a dynamic part of my world…
- Romantically, I was blessed to enjoy a powerful loving relationship which graced me with profound experiences, adventures, and the opportunity to grow and become. While it did not last, it changed me from within, for love has a way of gracing us with expansive becoming.
- Spiritually, I joyfully embraced expansion in my meditation, exploration and learning through new studies and practices. It is the foundation upon which all lives and breathes for me.
- Physical health continued to bless me profoundly, as I maintained my exercise, conscious eating and paying attention to what my body was telling me it needed.
- Financially, I found myself on a roller coaster ride, one that I seem to perpetuate through my own stuck patterns, the part of my life I am presently focusing on with intention and faith. Creating a new relationship with abundance, to leave behind the scarcity survival mind set. Here I am definitely a “work in progress”.
- Then there is my social side, creative side, in service aspect, home life, education/growth, etc….
We are all dynamic beings with life unfolding moment by moment in glorious ways. I find it fascinating to visit with people about life, how do they approach it? Are they the planner types, who like to be in control, thus life is meant to work around their action plan? Are they the treadmill type, where they have accepted a life that dictates to them how it is going to be? Are they the dreamers, the ones reaching for the passions and desires in their life? Delightfully, most people are a combination, often with a tendency towards one way of being, bolstered by aspects of the others. I do however meet those strict type A personalities who tackle life with great planning and gusto, just as I meet the other extreme where no planning occurs, life is “happening to them”. What makes us tick and keeps us happy is uniquely individual and quite often a morphing process, never static or stationary. Life has a way of making sure we do not get too stuck, it will send us those unexpected “opportunities” to learn from.
How did your 2017 move along? When you look back, what unfolded for you? With only 31 days left to this year, are there things you want to accomplish or experience before the “end”? What about 2018, how do you want to journey forth? The old saying, “hindsight is 20/20” has its high percentage of truth, do we choose to use it for change or perpetuation? Life is a fleeting “blink of an eye”, often taken for granted until it is too late and the eye lid is closed forever.
I look back on my 2017 at this poignant time and smile for I lived it to the best of my abilities. I was open, present, willing and experiential with love as my guiding rudder. I was gifted with so many lessons, such grace, profound love, dynamic joy, expressive passion, raw growth, vulnerable expansion, and oh so much more…!! I can see where I allowed myself to play small, to limit my experience, letting fear and stuck patterns dictate and have power – this is all good news, for today is a new day!! Each moment is a glorious chance to say YES with joyous intention, vibrant determination, open curiosity, and a willingness to always experience more and dream BIG!!
May today be a wondrous day of reflection as you embark on your last few days to 2017. In so doing, may the New Year before you shine with pure potential and joyful invitation. A.C.T. (always choose truth) with childlike curiosity, in so doing, what might you go for in 2018 if you looked through the eyes of your courageous, open, loving child self. Until next Monday, live with authentic loving joy!!