The title of this blog is likely to stir some reactions, however, I write about one of the most basic human desires and needs – to feel and share touch.
It has been proven in studies that babies need touch to thrive. We do not grow out of this internal craving. The power, grace and gift of touch soothes our very BEing. It is my believe that we under estimate how much we yearn to be touched and to touch.
As a mother, I treasured the soft moments of holding my children, caressing their faces, massaging their backs while they fell asleep. In partnership there is nothing more glorious than the soft warm touch from your lover. Friends and family all blossom with the grace of touch, a hug hello, a touch on the arm to say thank you, a caring goodbye hug full of gratitude…
Touch is one of those things that is directly impacted by cultural, societal and religious “Expectations” and “Domestication”. Everyone is unique in their comfort zone with touch based upon their upbringing, life experience and perception of what touch means. Thus the journey with touch is one we carefully navigate.
I personally LOVE touch. I enjoy sharing it with those who are open to it. I also respect that many people have boundaries. This blog is an invitation to explore touch, to be open to it, to give and receive. Notice how it makes you feel to be touched, to share touch. As one of the five amazing senses we get to experience as humans, why would we not indulge ourselves to enjoy its powerful gift.
If you do not believe me in regard to the NEED for touch, just “Google” it and see what comes up – you might be surprised.
I am a being of love, I enjoy sharing and receiving touch in a honoring, compassionate, caring way.
Today’s Walking Naked Truth Practice:
- Play with touch today – see how it impacts others.
- A sincere handshake with someone while making true eye contact (Seeing and Be Seen).
- Hug a friend or family member.
- If in a relationship caress your lovers face and see how they soften to absorb such attention.
- Open to receive touch.
- Touch a colleague’s arm during an interaction, a non-verbal expression of gratitude.
- At the end of the day reflect upon what you experienced.
- If you are someone who finds touch uncomfortable, perhaps you can open to explore it with those you trust, for it will soothe and heal.
To explore the topic of touch more, go to – The BEingness Project.
May today be full of connection in beautiful ways that expand your life experience – Fawn
3 thoughts on “Touching YOU…”
Pingback: Touching YOU… – The Beingness Project
Thank you for shaaring this
Thank you Tyson Holt for taking the time to read and comment on my post. I hope touch decorates your life in beautiful ways…