As you have taken time this week to identify and notice your Expectations, you have been gifting yourself with a great awareness that manifests change.
The change is a powerful one, for you stop “Taking Things Personal” which undermines and powerfully impacts all relationships (see my book).
Many of our quiet Expectations are wrapped around our emotional desires and needs. Let’s look at a few examples:
- I enjoy touch, it is how I feel loved and how I share love.
- If I have a partner who does not enjoy touch like I do, can I expect him/her to give me touch?
- Can anyone read my mind and know this?
- If I do not share this truth about my desired Expectation what is likely to unfold?
- I feel stress when the house becomes messy.
- If I live with other people, how might the Expectation that I need a neat and clean house impact the relationship?
- What if I do not share my truth?
- Deep personal conversation is how I truly connect with others. In my intimate relationships it is “foreplay” for me.
- If I do not communicate this truthful Expectation in my friendships or intimate relationships, what will unfold?
- Will my needs get met?
- Is it fair to expect others to know this?
Today, take the time to notice your Expectations (download worksheet) – then get Truthful about them. It is amazing what can become when we own our Expectations, share them or Choose to let them go.